View Single Post
Old 26-05-2017, 19:42   #99
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: Project Lightning Silence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
I spoke to a person involved with the planning of Project Lightening in my area today as there was a VM stand placed outside a shop. He said my area is definately planned, but not all addresses will get it and it will depend on how the houses are situated and whether there is tarmac or brick work along the street in general. Brick work they don't touch, It needs to be tarmac.

I asked about timescales and he looked and said there is nothing listed for the next 6 months as they were working up to my area from the other side starting with new builds on the outskirts.

I'm not saying what he says is gospel but it's encouraging. I also showed him my street on Streetview and he said there is no reason why it wouldn't happen.

Just a case of sit and wait which is the frustrating thing.
That isn't correct, we are actively building in huge areas of block paving (Dunfermline), paving slabs (Newcastle) and red tarmac all over the country. What stops us digging in an area is wayleave in private areas, if we don't have permission to dig from the landowners then we wont place micro duct in private driveways (for example).

This person you spoke with would be part of the regional sales team and not a planner so may not be aware of the intricacies of expansion. We also don't start with New Build sites, they are completely separate to project lightning delivered by different field teams and budgets.

HTH

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote