View Single Post
Old 23-04-2014, 09:49   #1267
Mr Banana

Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
Actual info,you mean like this article from the Daily Express,maybe one day you'll wake up and see the bigger picture,but I seriously doubt it tbh.
Neighbours,aye right.

. Scotland would have been abandoned to the Germans according to new research.

Military commanders in London were prepared to ignore "screams from Scotland" in order to give England "total priority".

The revelation is made in a book, If Hitler Comes, which also exposes a prominent Scottish MP's membership of a secret far-right group and suggests that the county of Angus was a hotbed for pro-Nazi traitors.

Historian Gordon Barclay has examined declassified documents to shed new light on Scotland's wartime role.

He discovered that Field Marshall Sir Edmund Ironside, the man Churchill chose to mastermind Britain's defences, believed Scotland would have to be sacrificed to a Nazi invasion.

On July 5, 1940, the CIC of Home Forces noted: "Everything seems to point to the Germans starting something from Norway and the Baltic against Iceland, the Shetlands or perhaps Scotland.

"I only have the troops necessary for the barest defence there and cannot send any of my reserves up to the North, for that will be the thing the Germans will want me to do. I shall have screams from Scotland to go and save them, but I shall have to try and resist that, or I shall not have the people ready in the South for the main thrust."

Blaming the limited resources available to him, Field Marshall Ironside insisted that "England should receive total priority for defence". Churchill shared these views, the book claims.

Mr Barclay also claims Angus was infiltrated by "fifth columnist" traitors. He said: "Montrose's MP, Lieutenant Colonel Charles Kerr, was a member of the Right Club, a secret society founded by Captain Archibald Maule Ramsay, Unionist MP for Peeblesshire.

"The sons of the Duke of Montrose were also active in extreme Right-wing politics, while the Montrose Standard had welcomed a violently pro-Nazi lecture in the town in January 1939 as "one of the most stimulating addresses".

Captain Ramsay was the only parliamentarian to be interned during the war because of fascist sympathies.
Jesus, with nutters like you I'm pretty sure Scotland will end up on the scrap heap!!