View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 12:35   #159
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: Mind The Pay Gap? Tube Drivers 'To Get £55k'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I believe in unions but not in the unions that hold the rest of the country to ransom particularly on public holidays on a regular basis..

It should be an EQUAL relationship between employer and employee Not an exercise in blackmail from either side.

And there are not unions in every workplace especially small private retail or franchised retailers such as Specsavers.

My daughter retrained as a dispensing optician at the cost of the small franchised Specsavers firm who, when she was using their services and heard her story, offered her a job and the chance to obtain further qualifications.There is no union and frankly if there were it would break the finances of the business if the employees were forever on strike to get better wages.

I can just see what customers would do if denied access to getting new glasses..they would just walk up the road to another outlet or to another independent opticians

Not something that tube users can easily do.The only alternative is to drive,catch an already overcrowded bus or walk.The first is no longer economically viable because of parking costs and Charges and the last is impractical after a day spent on your feet serving customers..In a tube strike the middle option strains an already stretched service.

The line you Alan Fry crossed is the one that arrogantly assumes that only you have the answers about a persons situation when you have no idea what that situation really is and you have the temerity to offer advice that just won't fly..Just like Mary Antoinette.
I feel that Unions to try and expand their membership to the Private sector, especaly businesses like Specsavers, I head the they do provade sick pay and they are based in the Channel islands so they avoid paying tax, It this what Britain has come to! The sooner all opticians of Spacsavers, Dollond & Aitchison (D&A), Boots Opticians and Vision Express and other are unionised the better, Free Market Capialism has failed again and again and all it has done is make the rich richer and the rest of us worse off and anohter thing, if spacsavers were unionised then it make its employees better off.

And another thing, If you want to avoid strikes on the tube, vote for someone who is mork likly to give in and be co-operative with the unions than someone who is not!

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Just found out, the owners of Specsavers are worth over £1 Billion, also The owner of Dollond & Aitchison (D&A) and Boots Opticians avoid paying tax by basing themselfs in Swizerland! Now do you see my point!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Perkins
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote