View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 05:19   #17
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
Re: Poor wireless connectivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHarman
Is the house near others?
Does it happen at specific times of day or is it a general degredation, e.g.lunch, dinner movie time.
Could well be a neighbours microwave (or yours) or some other radiation. Any DECT phones near the base?
The houses are detached, and i'd say a good 30' apart. That said i'm still picking up another wireless network. I can't really find anything about it, but could running two networks side-by-side like that punt each other off? I don't know if we are running on the same channel even. Don't we just get the names by that name broadcast thingy (can't rememeber what it is called), regardless of channel?

About the timing, before I updated the drivers, it used to happen never during the morning, occaisonally in the afternoon and constantly in the evening. The microwave isn't being used. What is a DECT phone? We use two walkabout/wireless phones, but the phones get used more in the morning and afternoon than night so that doesn't fit. I think the new drivers made it worse, but i'll see in the morning.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote