View Single Post
Old 13-07-2017, 05:20   #1749
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
The RNC was hacked as well, just not released.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN14U2DD
Quote:
Russia hacked into Republican state political campaigns and old email domains of the Republican National Committee but there is no evidence it successfully penetrated President-elect Donald Trump's campaign, FBI Director James Comey said on Tuesday.
So nothing connected to the Presidential campaign was successful. Shows that whoever was responsible did try. Why would a Trump supporter try to hack them?

Quote:
Comey also told lawmakers Russia did not release information obtained from the state campaigns or the old RNC email domains, comments that may buttress the U.S. intelligence view that Moscow tried to help Trump against Democrat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 campaign.
U.S. intelligence agencies on Friday released an assessment that Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered a covert effort to help Republican Trump's electoral chances by discrediting Clinton.
Views and assessments are hardly proof. You wouldn't need to be physically in Russia to do anything. You could set up shop in the US and nobody could possibly connect anything.

Still really have seen what was meant to have an impact that was enough to change anything. How many of the voters would have been thoroughly analysing any report? Any potential impact would not only had to have been enough to overturn the onslaught from the media/Hollywood(some of whom would have been foreigners) and foreign governments, but to turn voters towards him and not simply not voting for Hillary. Quite some achievement, whatever it was.

---------- Post added at 05:20 ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
She may well have been obstructive but if so, her misadventures merit their own narrative thread? I'm interested in reading about Trump but every time I visit the thread, someone always seems to try and divert attention away to Hillary. I'm sure it's intended well but I'm here to read about the President, not a former Secretary of State.
But this is all meant to be about Trump winning by supposedly attacking Presidential candidate, Hillary. So it's definitely relevant. How can it not be?