View Single Post
Old 14-02-2017, 10:51   #4
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Info request about the V6 and upgrading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I'm in a similar situation to you mate, my SH is approx 10 metres away from my TV, and i'm not convinced that the V6 will get a proper signal all the time to work as it should.
I don't think you need to worry. My superhub is 33 metres away and upstairs from the lounge V6. I also have a second Tivo in an upstairs bedroom and the superhub is in the bedroom next door, about 30m away but on the same level. We also have walls which are mighty difficult to drill through, but both Tivos and our tablets, phones, etc all work just fine.

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
So it's coming up to the time when i'm going to be out of contract and i've been looking at the bundle builder to see what is on offer and have a few of questions.

I curently have a TiVo 500gb and a VHD, talk weekends and 100Mb internet. Can I swap the VHD for a V6?

If I stay with my curent equipment how much would I be charged for the VHD each month?

I've heard that the V6 doesn't have a dedicated internet connection like the TiVo does, does this mean that it has to be connected to a router via an ethernet connection to access on demand content, etc?

Can the series links form the TiVo be copied over to the V6?

I am willing to increase my internet speed if needed.

Cheers in advance.
As nialli has said, it's best to get a quote from Customer Services as they may be able to give you a nice price!

The V6 works very well with wifi in most cases but you will need to upgrade to a 200MB superhub, which should be without extra charge.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote