View Single Post
Old 19-08-2009, 00:28   #13
AxBat
Inactive

AxBat is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: SSL leak at shopto!!

Hello, sorry to register just to post on this thread. But I do feel the need to let people know of my experience. I am also one of the people who had some O2 top up, amongst other things purchased via my credit card.

I have more reasons to suspect ShopTo than the average victim. The reason being, I used ShopTo with my backup credit card I hardly ever use (the reason being, I couldn't register my main credit card with ShopTo). I've only used that credit card for 3 transactions, all in recent months in over a year. Two of those transactions were with ShopTo. And one with DotEasy. ShopTo would have been my primary suspect, not because everyone else think it's them, but because I renewed two domains with DotEasy one with my main credit card, and the other with my backup defrauded credit card. And it just seems somehow odd that only one credit card, the one which happens to be used with ShopTo happens to be defrauded.

To my banks credit, they detected those fraudulent transactions and blocked the worst ones (and after a phone call stopped the other ones too). I hope you do not mind that I made an account mainly to talk about my experience this e-tailer (which I was initially impressed with). You may see this post posted elsewhere, but no I am not a bot, and I hope that you will not disregard this as pointless spam.
AxBat is offline   Reply With Quote