View Single Post
Old 28-10-2011, 16:33   #1
TikkiRo
Inactive

TikkiRo is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Awkward problem with extension :(

Been a long time since I've had any problems whatsoever with my VM setup but recently ran into one with my phone line. First off I'm disabled & used to run a charity from my home until a few years ago. Because of that I have a number of phone lines entering my home but all were disconnected bar the main one I currently use. I now use both a wireless phone system and a wired one through a VM extension to my "office" on the 3rd floor. Hopefully that makes some sense thus far.

My problems started 2 wks ago when my phone line kept going dead intermittently. The 1st engineer dispatched didn't come to the house but phoned me from the exchange to say he'd done all he could do & the phone was working - I thought it was at the time, but within hours had the same problem, only this time it progressed to being completely dead for days until the 2nd engineer called yesterday and he did some work on my box etc which sorted the problem. Wonderful I thought only now I find that my vital wired extension is no longer functioning.

Further complications arise because the main line comes into the living room but is then routed through to the hall to the extension box (from where the cable has been internally wired to lead upstairs to the other extensions) & as there are so many wires in both locations it's a nightmare to figure out what's going where.

Anyway - after all that, I'm devastated to discover that VM want a whopping £50 to call out and investigate - for me, that's just more than I can feasibly afford. I presume there's not much way around it tho, or is there? Who else would I have to try and look to for help to fix it if I can bypass VM?
TikkiRo is offline   Reply With Quote