View Single Post
Old 31-01-2012, 13:06   #10
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter
Re: It all about the Math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
So you don't count multiroom in the Sky calculation because of a "work around", but count it in the VM package - why couldn't the same "work around" be used there, reducing the cost in line with Sky?
The Sky calculation includes multiroom

Skyworld £52, SkyHD pack £10, Sky Multiroom £10 total £72.

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
It's a loophole that may cause Netflix's content providers to move to streaming services that protect their content better. So, yes, it is in Netflix's interest to close that loophole.
Well, I can get HBO, HULU+ etc etc and I know people in the US, Australia etc streaming Skygo off a relatives multiroom sub to 2 devices.

I think people simply stealing the content from download sites is a bigger issue. Netflix pay studios for rights for certain countries, Sky pay the same studios for rights to other countries.

If anything it will be Sky losing out, not the film studios. EG Sky have the Ondemand rights for Ironman2 for the next year. I can watch it on Netflix in HD 5.1 sound right now instantly.

Now that works for me..An if you want to tell me I'm breaking a ToS TOUGH. Go tell everyone that downloaded IronMan2 they have stolen it and have broken the law.

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
It's a loophole that may cause Netflix's content providers to move to streaming services that protect their content better. So, yes, it is in Netflix's interest to close that loophole.
Well, I can get HBO, HULU+ etc etc and I know people in the US, Australia etc streaming Skygo off a relatives multiroom sub to 2 devices.

I think people simply stealing the content from download sites is a bigger issue. Netflix pay studios for rights for certain countries, Sky pay the same studios for rights to other countries.

If anything it will be Sky losing out, not the film studios. EG Sky have the Ondemand rights for Ironman2 for the next year. I can watch it on Netflix in HD 5.1 sound right now instantly.

Now that works for me..An if you want to tell me I'm breaking a ToS TOUGH. Go tell everyone that downloaded IronMan2 they have stolen it and have broken the law.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote