View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 13:39   #27
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
Re: Football Season 2010/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Nah I'ld avoid mentioning them. If Spurs finished consistently above us I wouldn't say we are going to raise above them, unless it's banter.
Sometimes you can't though as journalists bring it up. And they neglect to mention that in their article.

Like thus:

Journalist: Jermain, can Spurs beat Arsenal this year?
Defoe: OIf course we can
Headline: "Defoe thinks Spurs are better than Arsenal"

I'm not saying that's what's happened, but its what usually happens.

Quote:
I think the Emirates atmosphere is not as bad as people make out but I agree that it's pretty quiet compared to a lot of other teams. The lower tier is a lot louder and energetic compared to the Upper tier which can get pretty dead. I was at the Liverpool game last season and it was electric.

I would say that a lot of the top teams have this problem as ticket prices increase and newer stadiums tend to be larger and more spacious.

When Spurs move to their new stadium and the ticket prices go up to match it I imagine the atmosphere will quiet down a bit. Although the idea for a single stand like the Anfield Kop is a good idea.
The good thing is the club are aware of it and seems to be proactive in avoiding it. Moving the stands as close as possible. A big a roof as possible, etc.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote