View Single Post
Old 14-10-2011, 19:54   #4
The Installer
cf.addict

Services: Telewest Stuff
The Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to all
Re: The saga continues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB2004 View Post
I had a look and can't anyway, because the breakage is inside the pipe at the base of the t now.. But it was visible earlier when they had it all dug out.. Wouldn't mind but the new cable is already there all it needs is a network tech to connect it in the pit.. Network techs can be got out within 4 hours by an engineer.. But vm on phone are telling me I need to wait until 18th even though all it needs is a network tech literally 5 minutes work in the pit to connect the telephone wire and put an f connector on the cable it's ridicules why can engineers get networks out in a short space of time but customer service cannot?
I can tell you for sure, you will NOT be getting a network tech to come and connect up a drop cable for you. Network techs deal with the network itself (eg power supplies, amps and telco cards etc) oddly enough not customers drop cables!

As for the manager getting someone to do you job ahead of its scheduled date, don't you think that the techs already have fully routes of work? If they are able to fit you in sooner they will, but they can't just get someone to your property regardless of how small said job might be.
The Installer is offline   Reply With Quote