View Single Post
Old 14-10-2011, 14:58   #1
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era
The saga continues...

Hi, well after I had Tivo installed... the guy left with a 2 way splitter on a 4 way port.

no cable pull booked, no HDU fitted.

then about a week later 2 guys turn up, get some cable pulling equipment off the van.. prod the T.. find it is blocked as I already knew and posted about a few weeks ago... then they left.

next thing, cable repull booked officially for the 18th to add the 2nd cable.

2 guys turn up today unannounced.. and dig out the old T and unblock it, then replace with a new one... and pull through 1 new cable.

but then find BT had damaged the existing telephone cable ( T is right next to a BT telephone pole and BT recently dug up at the base of the pole to fit some access chamber).. and it snapped in half.. so now I have no telephone line.

They said they would call their manager to try and get the repull done today instead of the 18th.. but never told me if anybody would be coming today or not before leaving.

Then phoned up VM and they said my phone line will not be repaired until the 18th.

But if these guys today contacted their manager id imagine their manage can pull people to get it done today so im not really taking much notice of what VM have said.. just dont know if this is going to be fixed today or not.

lol funny thing is, the cable is broken just underneath the cover.. and I can temporarily fix it myself as I have jelly crimps... just knowing my luck some guy will turn up and wonder what im up to. just a bit peeved about it, because the landline is pretty important to have for emergency purposes and somebody should not be dependant on a mobile phone should an emergency arise and you need to call the police, an ambulance or the fire brigade, which is why i understand it should still function in the event of a power failure especially when it is a 2 minute fix only.. even just temporarily until the repull is done.
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote