View Single Post
Old 23-09-2011, 14:07   #1
Bizmo
Inactive

Bizmo is an unknown quantity at this point
"we wouldn't lift the block paving" But why can't you go around it?

Hi there, have been watching these forums for a while but never posted...

Just wondering if anyone could offer me any advice?

I have been trying to get virgin media installed in my house for a short time now. I contacted the spotters team a while back and didn't receive a response so I contacted them again last week and was told someone would be coming to view my property today.

I was in the shower when the technician called so didn't hear the door but this is the response I got when I asked what was going on. Was wondering whether anyone could give me any advice?

EDIT: I did inform virgin prior to this that they could run the cable either around my drive or under some paving slabs which are at the side...

I have removed the names for privacy...

Quote:
Hi ####

I visited the property today at 11am as I was running early I knocked on the door but there was no answer

It doesn't reach the end of your drive it goes up to the area which is blocked paved, and we wouldn't lift the block paving to service the property

We can offer you a phone and broadband service which would be ADSL

Thanks

####

Sent: 23 September 2011 12:35
To: ####
Cc: ######
Subject: Re: Cable My street

####, I have copied ###### in on this email as she was my first point of call in virgin media on this issue can maybe shed some light?

In response to your statement, no the cable itself doesn't reach my house it reaches the end of my drive where a neighbour is connected. Someone was supposed to be coming this lunchtime to see if they could lay in around or under the drive? Does this mean no one is coming and I didn't need to stay in all morning? And does it mean that my house is somehow unserviceable?
I find this hard to believe as houses both next to me and further from the junction box are connected to your network. I am very keen to become a customer of yours and thought every thing was going rather smoothly but am a little put off to hear nothing and see noone only to be told that I am unable to have this via email - not in person as I was lead to believe....

How can we move this forward together?

####

Sent from my iPhone

On 23 Sep 2011, at 12:25 PM, ##### wrote:

sorry the cable doesn't reach your house

thanks

Sent: 23 September 2011 12:25
To: #####

Sorry #### not quite understanding what you are saying there?

####

Sent from my iPhone

On 23 Sep 2011, at 12:24 PM, ##### wrote:

Hi ####

I have checked the address and you can't have it as the cable reach your house

Thanks

Sent: 23 September 2011 11:39
To:

Hi

Just checking that your colleague will still be here around 12?

Thanks a lot

####

Thanks a lot
Bizmo is offline   Reply With Quote