View Single Post
Old 19-03-2017, 10:46   #18
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road
Re: Am I paying too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jicms View Post
Should I just cancel or try negotiating with retentions first? I don't know how to tackle it, either firmly stating what I want, just asking what reductions they can make or quoting examples of what others get. I did try some years ago and all they offered was downgrading features/removing the second box. I felt the operator was rather patronising with a take it or leave it attitude.
Always friendly but giving notice seems to get the best deals as so have said above - as it moves you through to a different team who have access to the best deals (Putboubd - you cannot phone these people up, they phone you). Those you speak to through "thinking of leaving - option 1,1, 4, 5 on the menu system) can offer some deals but not the best, as their incentive is to offer you a little/package change to stay, while the next line team aim is to try to offer you enough to stop you leaving. Most people probably get something better than what they have now and accept the offer from the first team, this missing the best deals.

There are a lot of really good Sky deals at the moment through CarphineDixons to help negotiations - look on HotUKDeals under Audiovisual.

You are currently paying double what others seem to achieve for this mix.

Last edited by MrB; 19-03-2017 at 11:04. Reason: Add
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote