View Single Post
Old 15-03-2012, 10:17   #8
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: 50Mb price after the increase?

sure is. But there isnt any stm atm fyi (lol) and I cant see it staying that way once they wang all the 50mbit users up to 100mbit. I am not looking forward to it to be honest. I can remember what it was like when I was on 50mbit without stm and what a pain in the bum it was when they introduced it. I dont do a lot during the evenings anyway but stm always starts from 1500 and as an example, yesterday I downloaded 35gb between 1500-1600 and that would have triggered any stm and screwed me over for the rest of the evening.

I know it is going to be a while before they rollout 200mbit so I would rather them introduce another tier (why not? they have got enough pants tiers down at the bottom) for £10 extr a month (pre-price reduction) which is un'stm'd so current 100mbit basically stays as it is. I tink how they have got things atm is really nice because I havent got an stm and even though they do protocol shaping, it hardly effects me anymore. They must have done a lot of good work in my area because trying to do torrents in the evenings on 50mbit wasn't worth it, whereas now on 100mbit I can still pull 7mb/sec down and upload at 500k, i love it.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote