View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 16:10   #1515
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Yes it's true that Noah et al didn't retire but neither were they in paid work in the same way either. And after the flood we don't read much about Noah. He planted a vineyard, made wine and got drunk. The Bible simply says Gen 9:28-9 "After the flood Noah lived for 350 years and died at the age of 950"

What I think is true is that when you do get to "retire" that shouldn't mean that you simply stop. There are things to be done and I don't mean just tending your garden.

When my dad retired he seemed busier than when not. He did enjoy himself going on holidays and the like but also "worked", preparing Bible studies, preaching, looking after the garden and house but a lot of time caring for people, usually involving food.
I think when you start talking about what someone did when they reached the age of 600, you have probably lost most of your audience ..