View Single Post
Old 13-03-2011, 13:43   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Nuclear Power - What are your views on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Having seen what is happening in Japan with nuclear reactors leaking and exploding it quickly brings back memories of Chernobyl and the disaster that happened there.

Do you think we should continue to use these nuclear resources?

Apparently there are still discussions going on constantly as to what we can do with the radioactive waste that comes out of these power plants as it needs storing for many years before they become decontaminated - often thosands of years.

To me this type of power is a hazard and should have never been used in the first place.

What are your thoughts?
I wondered how long it would be before the anti nuclear power brigade popped up.

The world is full of hazards, and as seen above, radiation comes from many sources. So yes, we should continue to use them, unless you have some magic alternative of course

Do you know of another source of power thats commercially viable and can provide the same levels of power, anywhere in the world ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote