Thread: 200M Gamer Acceptable Post-RS levels
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 13:47   #14
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Acceptable Post-RS levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelstar View Post
Agreed in principle however this is not the first time I've done a few big downloads and MD5s have not returned as expected.
I'm not saying you don't have a problem, but your problem is not post-RS errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelstar View Post
I've checked my networking equipment and no CRC errors are showing, so it's definitely upstream.
Post-RS errors reported by your modem are downstream. If the upstream gets corrupted, the CMTS would see the errors, not your modem. It's always the receiving end that detects RS errors.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote