View Single Post
Old 13-01-2017, 16:40   #25
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: UK piracy crackdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
No one with any sense uses P2P nowadays, unless via VPN or Seedbox

It's just ISP's being seen to do something that they've been forced to do.

Anyway far as Kodi goes, it's still quite legal to stream in the EU, there's been case law and everything
Quote:
What I'm trying to say is random people that go out and buy a Kodi box thinking they're all set and well without actually knowing what they're doing end up using a few P2P addons that sometimes neglect to state they're P2P end up downloading a flagged movie on say uTorrent, unaware they even had it, then blame something else because they assume it wasn't them at all, they've never had uTorrent when one of these emails ends up in their junk box. All because they failed to note the difference between Single server Streaming/Downloading and P2P file sharing.. Or in better terms, never actually bothered to see what they were really installing.
Or better yet, the article above in which Mr Idiot thought he was flash with his box and didn't actually know the addon he was using was basically Bittorrent.

In regards to Kodi Streaming/Downloading from a single server, (All the popular addons) It's up to the law to take down the provider as far as I'm aware rather than target the user.