View Single Post
Old 13-01-2017, 15:50   #23
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: UK piracy crackdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Yet again you are wrong. There is a world of difference legally.
Then feel free to explain how a third party torrent client addon that uses the same Peers and public tracker system as any other torrent client is any different. It would show in the peers list like anything else would. So forget VPN's? Merely access TPB from Kodi with a P2P addon from now on and download torrents that way? That's still P2P and that's still punishable as per the statement. I pretty clearly stated the difference between what single server streaming and downloading was (Which was what the article was referring too in regards to Kodi) and what P2P addons would be like. You seem to be still describing single server Kodi streaming and downloading.

For an example, here is a case of Kodi user receiving a letter in the US. Not because he was streaming or downloading from your typical addons, but because he was an idiot and got it from a public P2P addon: http://cordcuttersnews.com/comcast-s...to-kodi-users/

Note the lack of client identification as being Kodi, this is because the addon uses it's own built in support, which you can guess from the image what it was. So as far as I'm aware and unless you can provide anything otherwise, using Kodi with P2P addons that use public trackers will still be participating in P2P sharing and can be flagged.

In simple terms: If you use an addon via Kodi that uses P2P sharing for it's media, you can and will show up in public peers lists as active on that torrent under whatever client was integrated into the addon, as per the picture above. So If you use your P2P addon without first seeing what it actually entails (In reality it's uTorrent built in with it) and you go download Fury road as above, you will be shown downloading this and have triggered everything required for these emails. So no, there's no world of difference legally, it's the same thing. Single server streaming addons? Yes they're different legally but P2P isn't, which is why I still assume you're talking about popular single server addons.

What I'm trying to say is random people that go out and buy a Kodi box thinking they're all set and well without actually knowing what they're doing end up using a few P2P addons that sometimes neglect to state they're P2P end up downloading a flagged movie on say uTorrent, unaware they even had it, then blame something else because they assume it wasn't them at all, they've never had uTorrent when one of these emails ends up in their junk box. All because they failed to note the difference between Single server Streaming/Downloading and P2P file sharing.. Or in better terms, never actually bothered to see what they were really installing.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 13-01-2017 at 16:42.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote