View Single Post
Old 13-01-2017, 15:36   #21
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: UK piracy crackdown

We're still making headway into new ideas and refined old ones too. Spotify, Netflix etc. I'd rather pay £8.99 a month or £10 a month for access to either than resort to P2P file sharing. It's just all together more convenient for me. It's actually starting to appear in gaming too. EA being at the very front of it. They now cover PC downloads with an extremely tricky DRM system but have rolled out EA Access to every platform. EA Access is a subscription at a cost of £3.99 a month that allows access to some new and old titles published by EA games, there's some very decent titles in there that would set you back £40-£50 a pop for the big ones. The way I see that, they're converting potential pirates and receiving at least some form of compensation for their product.

I mean Spotify is legal, completely free with intermittent ad support, is mobile and so forth, I get that people still want their physical media and have it outright as their own but the idea is still brilliant and surely has made a dent in that P2P gap in music. What doesn't help this is tools like Apple with default iPod's such as the shuffle and earlier Nano's that have no support for apps thus no support for Spotify thus again indirectly leaving three choices, Apple Music, Physical media or illegally via P2P

This is the best way to stop illegal P2P imo, making content as cheap as viably possible and worthwhile, all three of the above are well worth their value. EA have started the ball rolling in the gaming market and if someone like Valve who run Steam were to offer subscriptions for packages of games, you'd start seeing a huge decline in people downloading them from torrent sites.

Basically give people a reason other than threatening letters (in the past) and shoddy emails to stop turning to piracy.

I'd be more worried about illegal streaming hammering Cable and Sat TV packages right now to be honest. But again that's up to the content owners to find ways to encourage people to buy it rather than just sending out emails or letters. Yes the people are in the wrong but the better outlook is, will they ever change? VPN's, Proxy's... Nope.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 13-01-2017 at 15:41.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote