View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 01:36   #1
philipp
Inactive

Services: vivid 200. 3 tivos with all main channels.
philipp is an unknown quantity at this point
Advice on explaining routing issues to VM 1st line

Thankfully it has been fixed now (I guess networks noticed it), but I was expericing routing issues with huge packet loss and high ping which was located between the cmts stockton 17 and middlesbrough core b.

Pinging the cmts from a different internet connection showed the high ping and packet loss or using the trace facility at thinkbroadband equally showed the problem.

Now I phoned VM twice to try and let them know about this as the net was practially not usable.

I found only one server ( one of googles) that used the cmts and core a for both routes and returned normal ping and no packet loss.

The first tech support insisted my modem wasn't online (which it may not be according to a ping as it was practially 70% pl) Then inisted my purple light on the superhub 3 (running in modem mode) meant my modem was offline. After trying to explain, I got angry and ended the call.

The second tech support understood I was having connection issues but then blamed the utilisation issue in my area and ended the call.

So how do you explain a connection issue like this in the future? Or do I need to phone in UK hours in order to get through to a UK agent or maybe second line support (if that still exists)?
philipp is offline   Reply With Quote