View Single Post
Old 13-09-2017, 18:07   #389
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Looks like the DUP are going to vote with Labour over NHS pay and tuition fees. That's £1bn of bribe money (i.e. our money) well spent by Theresa...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...y_to_clipboard
Actually the vote was not part of a Confidence and Supply arrangement. But the motion has passed anyway without any opposition.

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I can only assume the damage she did to his ego by daring to sack him has led to some form of psychological fixation. He's entitled to criticise as much and as vehemently as he likes but he's behaving like John McDonnell. It's not very edifying but at least he's no longer a serving member of Parliament unlike McDonnell.
I think George should write a book, "What happened", oops someone's already beat him to that title...

Brexit completely scuppered his plans to become PM. Brexit was not meant to happen. We all know Cameron was to serve his last term in 2015, was we looking at another Blair/Brown scenario, Cameron resigns 2018/19 and Osborne steps up to PM. But because George was on the wrong side of Brexit and May played a back seat Remainer role, while George was telling us in no uncertain terms, Brexit would be a disaster and we would need to have an emergency budget.

When May finally became PM, George was left out in cold in the reshuffle, seems the knives were really out.