View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 20:19   #392
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Huge fire at West London tower block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I imagine they don't want to make kids, likely already traumatised from the fire, have to adjust to a new school, in a new environment and have to make new friends. It's hard for kids to move under the best of circumstances let alone after an incident where their homes, possessions and in some cases family members have gone.

I don't understand how people cannot have sympathy here.
I have plenty for sympathy for them but the victims have to be realistic in their expectations. With all the best will in the world, suitable permanent housing cannot be conjured up from nowhere, it's going to take time.

It will be little comfort to them but I reckon that these unfortunate people are getting a hell of a lot more support than 99% of people who are the victims of serious household fires every week of every year. They will be found permanent homes and they will be compensated (to the extent that anyone can be in such awful circumstances) but it's going to take time and they regretfully have to accept that, as will the forensic process and inquiry.

Last edited by Osem; 08-07-2017 at 20:26.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote