Thread: Allotments
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 12:12   #129
tosh mate
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV L 20MB BB
tosh mate has reached the bronze age
tosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze age
Re: Allotments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
That will depend on whether they are Indeterminate or Determinate plants.

Determinate are Bush types that fruit all at once then die. Do not remove side shoots from these.

Indeterminate (like the Gardeners Delight) are Vine types and need to have side shoots removed, and the plant supported by canes, etc.

When replanting any tomato plant, plant them a couple of inches deeper than they were in the previous pot to get the feeding roots under the soil.

Use tomato food once the first fruit have started to swell.
Yes they are Indeterminate plant's and Thank You for the advice, has they are already growing vigorously I have them supported by cane's now

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Got about 25 garderners delight myself.. They do tend to split the fruit if not watered well.. Also last year (and this) as well as these we grew Roma which are very tasty plum style tomatoes..

With 25 Gardeners delight last year we ended up with a glut of them which I turned into a spicy tomato chutney (about a 8 jars).. YUMMY
WOW, well I only have 3 plant's so I should not be to overwhelmed by them I hope LOL
tosh mate is offline   Reply With Quote