View Single Post
Old 26-08-2003, 20:16   #15
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
I've said this before.
Having children is a privilege.Having children is not a right.

I'm getting very worried by this idea that because couples have the sorrow of being unable to conceive that we should spare no expense to ensure that they can conceive.

What if IVF had not been 'discovered/researched? What would such couples do?
Would they just have to accept that to be a parent they may have to go in a different direction?Adoption,fostering,AID?Or just accept that they will not be parents?
This is what many had to face in the past.

These days I think that many just won't consider any other alternative to IVF.IVF is their first and only choice.Unfortunately for a percentage it doesn't work straight away.How many goes will each couple be allowed?For some it never works.What then?

Perhaps we should spend more of the allocated money on helping such couples to accept that maybe having a child is not the only reason for our existance on this earth.Being unable to conceive is not life threatening and there are other ways to take care of children.We so often see the results on our screens across the world of children needing help and compassion.Why not direct efforts into helping them.

I'm sorry if this seems harsh but this is what I believe.

Incog.