View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 00:00   #200
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _wtf_ View Post
How do you get to speak to people?

All I get is the standard off shore CS telling me to unplug my modem blah blah blah.

The last time they rang me back after I enquired about cancelling, I got one off shore lady telling me yes you're right your service is very poor I will put you on to our dedicated 50MB team.

The off shore lady from the dedicated team then proceeded to tell me there is nothing wrong with my connection and to unplug my modem.

Not once have any of the off shore people ever listened to what I have to say.

I actually bought a Freesat receiver on Sat and plugged it into my Sky dish and connected it upstairs. WOW what a picture, even my TV service was crap. I've unplugged all my Virgin boxes when I get a moment I'll be ringing and cancelling my TV altogether.
Just got lucky I guess, the tech support chap was on the money and I just asked him politely to check the downstream load on my UBR and report back.

The trick as Chrys suggest's is don't get fobbed off, just keep prodding until you get the reaction you want or if you've not got the patience take your business elsewhere, its what I'm doing eventually once I've ascertained the grass is actually greener.

Already cancelled the V+ Tv and the picture quality using Sky is a marked improvement over Vm irrespective of the plethora of fan boys spouting the opposite.

I'm not completely bagging Vm out, if your lucky enough to be in a decent area then I don't doubt Vm knock spots off the competition. Its just a bit of lottery and I'm understandably a little bitter at the moment.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote