View Single Post
Old 22-11-2011, 20:53   #5
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What to expect from your Virgin Media TiVo 15.2 Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pidgeon View Post
I strangely have both versions of the You Tube app. The old one is in the All category and the new one is in the featured apps.

I hate the new one, only allows to search for stuff and doesn't allow account functions like subscriptions.
Hang on... as it turns out I can get to both old and new. Perhaps this is the rule for all upgrades? Interestingly the new YouTube app allows entry by USB keyboard whereas the old one doesn't. Shame it plays an annoying VM promo video by default, but that can be paused.

As you said the old one is accessed by going to All Apps & Games. On either the Apps & Games or Music menu it loads the new one. This appears to be an oversight by the designers, but one I would describe as a Good Bad Bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
What do you mean by 15 apps have more appeared in the new update?.
Oh wait that should be 13, if you go to All Apps & Games. Need to correct that. I meant "same 13 that were there", although technically it's 14 if you count both kinds of YouTube app. Which I do. I'll correct that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerr View Post
But an interesting message appears if you do plug a USB HDD into one of the ports:

This TiVo box does not support using USB to connect a device to add recording space (E01)
You can only connect a compatible device using eSATA.
For more information on adding recording space , and a list of compatible devices, visit virginmedia.com

May be just a legacy message (especially as it references eSATA which VM TiVo doesn't have) - or may not be.
Probably right about it being a legacy message, but as the Americans say I'll bet dollars to donuts the pins for the eSATA connection are still on the motherboard and with some hacking another HDD could be added. Whether the VM version of the Premiere firmware would recognise it is another matter, but it'd make a good project for a hardware hacker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerr View Post
Here's one negative change that's bugging me:

Films no longer show the year in brackets in "my shows".
e.g. The Matrix [1999] .. now just displays as The Matrix

This was a good way of instantly telling films apart from other programmes.
You make a good point. I'll add that to the list shortly.
zekeisaszekedoes is offline   Reply With Quote