View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 00:23   #9
tvout
Inactive

Services: VM L Broadband (10MB) XL TV V+ HD Box Off peak caller phone HTC Wildfire on T-Mobile UK Freeview
tvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enough
Re: Windows XP not loading GUI but plays sound?

spoke too soon I think...I got Windows loading to the desktop again but it seems there are viruses/trojans blocking AV/anti spyware apps. I've managed to update Spybot but one of the viruses is added to userinit in the winlogon part of the registry.I manage to remove some of the problems in safe mode and have a boot disc that allowed me to delete the file affecting userinit but it came back...I had to add basic TCPIP back to get a network connection but although I can access websites I can't access anything like mcafee etc. I downloaded a few apps off download.com fine.I can't run combifix or stinger as they both keep saying they have been comprimised. Even downloading or trying to run in safe mode.This is quite a nuisance to sort out. I can access the C drive of the laptop from my laptop but my AV won't scan network drives although does keep popping up with virus alerts when I access the share on the affected laptop...
Also annoying is that it's XP SP2 on the laptop but all AV apps are seeing it as SP1 or earlier and won't install...tried Panda cloud, AVG and Avira...
tvout is offline   Reply With Quote