View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 16:30   #105
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ITV threaten to blackout on Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Regional news usually = Murder, rape, GBH and local non-entities, Really depresses me and its the same in each region !
Yes, if only they would leave out the local non-entities!

Seriously, though, it's depressing to see what the news has come to, I agree. When I was a kid, I was allowed to watch the news, but these days they just seem to report the violence, political indiscretions and child abuse. I wouldn't allow kids to watch the local or national news these days. I think they should keep all that stuff out of the daytime/early evening schedules when children could be watching. There's plenty of other stuff they could be reporting on, but they seem to go for the salacious material that will help to prevent butterfly minded people from channel-hopping away. Pandering to the lowest common denominator, as usual.

From my own personal point of view, if they took ITV off VM, it would make no difference to me as I record all the terrestrial programmes I watch onto my DVD recorder via my aerial. I only record those channels onto the V6 if they are programmes my wife wants to watch as she cannot cope with recordings on the DVD recorder! I feel a training session coming on!

Last edited by OLD BOY; 08-11-2017 at 16:37.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote