View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 21:21   #43
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Sky BB fibre product

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi Tel View Post
Let's take this slowly:

BT have copper wires in most streets.
VM have co-ax cable in some streets.

In the unlikely case where BT or VM have fibre in your street, it is most likely on its way to a cabinet or node.
Yes I know that, so there is no need to be patronising.

And yes I do know that VM use coax from the cabinet to your house.

VM have cabinets in most streets in built up areas. And as most streets are in built up areas, then VM do have fibre optic cables in most streets. And BT are trying to catch up. Sky and O2 as far as I know don't have fibre optic cables in many streets, which is why I asked the question in the first place.

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
As already explained earlier in the thread, more than once:

Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre uses the FTTC installed by Openreach.

No one has said otherwise, not Sky, not anyone in this thread.
Matt, I was asking a question, because Sky do give that impression to anyone who isn't in the know. Just as many broadband companies do.

A mate of mine who lives in a village, was complaining the other week that he had spent a whole day searching for an internet company that could give him a decent broadband speed. And until I told him that they would all use his BT line, he was under the impression that BB companies installed their own network.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote