View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 21:42   #9
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Pensions - no wonder there are strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You forgot to mention that the employers contribute 21.3%....

And according to this consultation document, a firefighter would need to be on £120,000 to pay an additional 2.3%.

http://www.communities.gov.uk/docume...df/1985324.pdf page 13
The firefighters pension actually has the lowest employers contribution of all public sector workers.

I wouldn't pay any attention to that consultation document if I were you. We have been told what we will be paying as from the first of april. And none of are on £120,000, I can assure you of that.

By 2015 we will be paying 14%.

Hutton didn't recommend 60 as a retirement age. He said it should be considered. But the government have just decided to go ahead without considering the implications.

If you are dismissed at 59 because you are no linger fit enough to carry out the physical work, then you won't bet your pension until 68.

68 is the retirement age that the government wants to bring in. And they are pushing towards this for all professions.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote