View Single Post
Old 15-07-2017, 17:17   #1860
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
But, theone, Ofcom are there to protect the consumer. If they are all as bad as one another as you say, that is more reason to get involved on behalf of consumers.

If VM had their own exclusive channels, this would not solve the problem of not being able to see the programmes you want that are on exclusive channels on other platforms.

I want AMC, Sky Atlantic and ITV Encore on Virgin Media, as I think it is a rip off to expect me to pay Sky an additional sum of money to see these programmes on Now TV, and to fork out pay per view money to Amazon to see AMC dramas.

I am against exclusivity involving programmes, period. I think this practice should be halted by law.
Yes OFCOM is there to protect the customer. But the body that ulitmately controls them, the powers that be in whitehall, have laid down the policy they must operate under. They for one must not restrict any competition that makes the platforms different from one another or they would be seen as restricting the choice of the consumer. As with other utlilities, switching supplier is to be encouraged & we are all not doing enough of it apparently!.