View Single Post
Old 27-08-2009, 12:41   #64
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Bring Back Fox Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I was brought up in the city, I have no affection for fox hunting. It is a way of life and a class apart from my lifestyle.

But if people want to chase after fox's on horseback with dogs then I don't see the issue.

People are happy to have fox's shot, poisoned etc.

It's a non-issue, I'm pretty sure that if you asked most people they couldn't give a toss.

What I am against is this country's obsession with banning things, or offending people. There's too many twisted morals in this country.
My point is this,fox hunting is an extremely inefficient method for controlling foxes and ergo is therefore not really about controlling foxes but is about having fun.

Personally if people want to go fox hunting in red coats I see no reason to interfere.I saw no reason to ban the hunts because the percentage of foxes killed was minimal.I thought that those who voted against it did so for reasons of class or because they were totally fluffy about foxes,refusing to see them as vermin because they were not in anyway realistic about the plight of foxes as predators in the food chain that are in danger of over population in certain areas.