View Single Post
Old 19-05-2017, 20:45   #585
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: June 8th General Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It's totally wrong for people to be sitting on assets of £100,000's of pounds, have the taxpayer pay for their care and give all that money to their heirs.
I disagree. I have been and am working bloody hard for my assets and money. I've speculated (at personal risk) to accumilate. It's taking blood, sweat and tears (literally). I'm being taxed (a lot) on my income before I can accumulate my assets and money and then I am taxed again on my capital gains when I want to sell some assets to realise some profit from them. How is it right to then strip me of more of my wealth if/when I need care in later life? .......especially when someone else who hasn't bothered has that care simply handed to them?!

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
How about MPs and the House of Lords give up their subsidised food and alcohol paid for by the taxpayer?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...ment-bars.html
That would be a drop in the ocean but I agree.