View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 17:01   #15
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Men less likely to wear ties with a jacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Last time I wore a tie (and a suit) was my mothers funeral over 7 years ago.
As I conduct weddings and funerals I wear ties slightly more often than that, however my experience conducting funerals is that these days fewer than half the men attending own a dark suit and a black tie. The younger they are, the less likely. The youngest men often will be in white shirt, black jeans and the darkest coat they could lay their hands on (often leather). They invariably look like they work as a waiter and have nipped out the back for a fag while it’s quiet.

I’m the last to complain as I wear a tie only when absolutely necessary, but even I acknowledge the rare, formal occasion when dignity requires a uniform response from those attending, and I know (from having lost my black tie more than once and having to buy another one at short notice) that it isn’t expensive to own one and keep it in the back of the wardrobe for when required.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote