View Single Post
Old 16-04-2012, 20:57   #276
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Superhub & Virgin Media Business

I agree - and nothing would please me more than to form the tunnel on the Cisco 892W I have sitting behind the business superhub, but from what they have told me they won't support that as an option.

Since they will not supply business cable broadband unless the actual cable service already exists now I am not sure how serious this product is to VMB any more.

I agree it can't be too hard. The core firmware is the same.

The release version for business users is 5.5.2R04-BU I suspect derived from the same base 5.5.2 version used on the residential device. I am not sure if this means it's a derivation of R04 residential firmware htough or whether build numbers don't correspond in any way. However it shouldn't be rocket science to port features.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote