View Single Post
Old 19-01-2013, 11:11   #2
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Has Superhub a WPS button that can blink red&blue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by resander View Post
The Superhub gives very poor wifi coverage upstairs, so I have obtained a Huawei WS320 wifi repeater as an interim measure before buying a router for modem mode.

The Huawei manual and posts by huawei reviewers say:

- press the WPS button on the router.
- press button on the Huawei and wait for the green ready light to come on
- move the huawei repeater to a place where wifi is weak to boost signal

The green light on the Huawei did not come on.

According to article 'Using the Push N Connect button to add a WPS client to the Virgin Media Super Hub' at VM http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...ER_TYPE=Cable:

'1. Press and hold the Virgin Media button on the Super Hub for two seconds, and then release the button (holding down the button for too long will disable the wireless signal altogether).

The Virgin Media light should blink red and blue for a period of up to two minutes while the Super Hub searches for nearby compatible WPS devices.'

I pressed the button on the Superhub for 2-3 seconds (the one with the Virgin logo on the front panel), but it did not blink red and blue. Tried many times.

I phoned Virgin customer support and was told that the Superhub does not have a WPS button (older (super)hubs had he said).

What is the truth?

Ken
I have a wps light and switch on my shub but as i thought it does not work in modem mode which makes sense as it interacts with the router portion of the shub, however if i change back to router mode the WPS button works fine. My shub is one of the older versions.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote