View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 20:58   #2
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: TalkTalk tracking you, phorm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
For those on TT do you know they may be following your visits to websites and collecting information without your knowledge? Those who know about Phorm may be interested, some links

Worth a read if you are in to this sort of thing (Im a member on here and you may have to register to read)

http://www.the-phoenix-broadband-adv...ic,1828.0.html

TT's forum link

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forum...ad.php?t=46287

long reads but some may find it interesting, especially the response from the TT CEO on the phoenix forum

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

I have permission to post these emails from the phoenix webmaster,its not just if you are on a TT line that you may be affected, it can be on other parts of the network if I've read it right this gives an idea what is going on................

So there is no misconceptions below is that complete email series, please do remember that they read bottom to top
I have remove certain information because it is confidential using ***

To: Charles Dunstone
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: Invoice for Website Access

Mr Dunstone, if that is your name

I would suggest you do. You may find that my legal team knows more about contract law and the like that you do.

I am have been advised to strongly recommend that you ask you Company lawyers for advice on this matter.

Yours faithfully

----- Original Message -----
To: *********dadvice.org.uk
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:31 PM

This has also gone straight into the trash folder.

Your understanding of of English law is so laughably naïve, that I haven’t even bothered to forward it to our legal team.

Regards

Charles Dunstone

On 29/07/2010 15:25, "*******andadvice.org.uk"

wrote:

Dear Sir,

I would suggest that you keep a record of what are properly served invoices. The liability is Talktalk Group's for accessing my websites after you were warn you would be charged for any and all access/attempted access.

Mr Dunstone it seems that you and your company do not believe that English Law applies to you and Talktalk Group. Put simply you were told to stop accessing my websites, my right under English Law, Talktalk Group continued to access my sites. So as is my right again under English Law you were advised that any accesses/attempted accesses after 09:00 on the 26 July 2010 would be charge at the rate of ***** per access/attempted access and that any access/attempted access after that time would indicate Talktalk's agreement to the contract. Under English law the contract exists and is enforceable.

If the invoices are not paid that it will be a matter for a District Judge in the County Court.

Your faithfully

----- Original Message -----

To: ********@broadbandadvice.org.uk

Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 2:36 PM

Dear ******

As I have previously stated, we do not consider ourselves liable for any of these invoices you keep generating, they go straight into my trash folder.

Whether you keep sending them is your choice, but we are keeping no record of them.

Regards

Charles Dunstone

On 29/07/2010 09:28, "*******@broadbandadvice.org.uk"
wrote:

INVOICE - 003

29th July 2010

To accessing to our websites between 09:00 on 28th July 2010 to 08:59 on 29th July 2010

Cost ****** per access/attempted access, **** accesses/attempted accesses = ******

Total Invoice *******

Payment due within **** days of the date of invoice, after which interest will be added at the rate of ******* per week.

Payments to:

To:

Charles Dunstone
TalkTalk Group Plc
1 Portal Way,
London,
W3 6RS
So TT has its own version of phorm, Just like VM will have with Detica

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote