View Single Post
Old 26-09-2009, 23:44   #14
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Stopping smoking support.

Just posting to give my support to you Mr A and any other of our members in the same boat. I have personal experience of how hard it can be breaking a habit which has such a strong hold on you in so many ways.

I had a couple of unsuccessful, and I'll admit now, halfhearted attempts to give up smoking many, many years ago mainly because other people wanted me to.

Eventually I decided I had had enough, smoked my last cigarette and threw everything in the dustbin. It was difficult, and I would find myself reaching for a cigarette when I was stressed, or after a meal but it did get better, and easier. It's been over 20 years now but I can still remember how hard it was to give up.

I think one thing that helped me was my money bottle. No matter what, no matter how broke I was, I religiously put my ciggy money in the bottle every day knowing that, had I still smoked, I would always have found the money for a couple of packets of cigarettes every day. Just looking at all the money I would have set fire to previously used to give me the boost to keep going. On my first anniversary as a none smoker that money paid for a 2 week holiday abroad for the two of us.