View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 16:19   #4820
karma mechanic
cf.member

karma mechanic will become famous soon enoughkarma mechanic will become famous soon enoughkarma mechanic will become famous soon enough
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Having noticed a few glitches with connections I checked the monitor that I have been running for years... and saw that it was all red due to the IP address changing. D'oh!
That's the first time I've actually seen the address change.

So, upon setting up a new monitor it was quickly apparent that the connection has dropped in quality. I've tried resetting the SH2 but it looks like there is packet loss even in the middle of the night.

Here's the last full day:

The IP address was originally 82.19.59.xxx (Southampton). However, it is now 82.19.152.xxx. Has the infrastructure changed? The other odd thing is that the transmission light on the SH2 is flashing rapidly all the time. I unplugged everything and it still flashes. I disabled the TBB monitor for a while, still flashes. The rapid flashing starts as soon as the SH2 is booted and never changes.

Downstream power levels are between +2.5 and +4, upstream between 47 and 48. Pingtest shows 3% packet loss.

Having had faultless broadband for years I'm suddenly in a position where it isn't quite right - any ideas?
karma mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote