View Single Post
Old 28-01-2011, 08:28   #2
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future
Re: T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth View Post
Some Virgin Media mobile broadband customers have lost their connections, after becoming the indirect victims of the T-Mobile/Orange merger.

Read more: T-Mobile merger creates Virgin mobile blackspots | Broadband | News | PC Pro http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/broadban...#ixzz1CHQHJ9jj

So, with coverage on the single T-mobile network beginning to suffer, as opposed to the dual network being a bonus, something needs to happen about bringing the virtual networks onboard to the combined network.

This has also hurt "3" coverage, as they lost the use of Orange as a backup.

Were the regulators asleep when they put this through!
I think that poster in the second link is getting mixed up. I was told by 3 the agreement for 3's roaming agreement with Orange was transferred to 'Everything Everywhere' which is the name of the new joint venture with T-Mobile, if something has changed I haven't been told as a 3 contract customer.

I can definitely confirm though that on the rare occasion it loses a 3G signal it still roams to 2G, it did when I was on a train on Monday anyway.
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote