View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 16:05   #1
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Gennady Golovkin vs. Canelo Alvarez - 16th September

Gennady Golovkin 37(33)-0 vs. Canelo Alvarez 51-49(34)-1-1

This is the superfight of the year, in boxing terms anyway, probably the biggest boxing bout since Floyd and Manny except these two are actually still prime fighters.

I understand that much to Sky's disappointment, Box Nation have the rights for this fight and a subscription is cheaper than the typical Box office cost.

Trust me when I say this fight could go absolutely any way. A lot of people have Golovkin and knockout, it's possible but it isn't a foregone conclusion by any stretch. Canelo is more than capable of surviving and winning 12 rounds. For all the power Golvkin has, he can be caught and outboxed by a chinny fighter easily. Brook couldn't land anything significant of course but he could land in quantity. Golovkin took on Jacobs in his previous bout and despite flooring Jacobs early and taking a 12 round win, he really didn't look impressive at all and I could make a case for him losing on points overall.

Canelo doesn't have the overall power to trouble Golovkin but that doesn't mean it can't happen, see Marquez catch Manny with a counter shot and end him. He's capable of taking some of Golovkin's shots clean and that's all that matters because overall I believe he's the more skilled boxer of the two and could see out a 12 round win if Golovkin can't put him away.

Early predictions: Canelo via UD or Golovkin via TKO

Can't really make a case for Golovkin to win over 12 rounds without at least two knockdowns. I also can't see who will start the more eager and bag the early rounds. Canelo will be wary not to be caught early and Golovkin will be wise to avoid getting dragged into a quick start with Canelo. Expect the first to be a jab contest.