View Single Post
Old 14-03-2012, 14:29   #30
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Tivo Hidden features that suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase001 View Post
Perhaps I am too negative, but honestly it is not the most intuitively system to use and it's certainly more restrictive that a traditional system. Features you expect that are missing and some are fundamental. It’s full of bug’s too which I think are covered by other threads and what gets me the most is I have to pay extra for it!

If you want an example of how it should have been implemented, take look at MediaPortal which runs on a PC and that is totally free or for Linux fans XBMC?
Agreed, there are a few annoying missing features. But then I only miss them because I had them on Sky. However these are far outweighed by features that the Sky box doesn't have.

Also the Tivo can be updated, so these small missing features can be added in the future. With the Sky box they can't.

I personally haven't come across any bugs on the Tivo yet. Are you sure they aren't caused by a jitter on the signal? I have just been on the phone to VM about another issue, and was told that anyone who experiences jitter in their signal should report it, because 9 times out of 10 it can be sorted easily once reported.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote