View Single Post
Old 26-07-2017, 21:30   #53
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation
Re: Petrol & diesel vehicles ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Well then yes an overnight power cut would be a problem if they didn't have any charge left in the car but it doesn't seem a deal breaker. You can get an unfortunate series of events with many things, a power cut that lasts overnight when you really needed to charge the car would be one of them.
Owners could retain a fully-charged back up battery for such an emegency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
So before you set out on a journey in your eleccymobile you need to know you have enough juice to make it or factor in detours and a lot of hanging around before and that includes considering whether to put the aircon or heating on. Is that progress? We don't know what progress is going to be made or how much these things are going to cost but does anyone really believe they're going to be better and no more expensive than the vehicles they're replacing? I don't. I recall being told diesel was a great and now I'm being penalised for what the so called experts led us to believe. I have every expectation that the same thing will happen again and that the rush to electric will wind up costing a whole lot more than we imagine.
You're (understandably) focussing on the expense; the reason for the change is to reduce pollution and save lives.

Last edited by Kursk; 26-07-2017 at 21:35.
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote