View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 15:41   #10360
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
Yes, I know what you mean. I've been dipping in and out of it for years. Sometimes a break away does you good. It can be really fascinating when you make progress though. The downside is that when you find the answer to one particular puzzle it opens up another dozen puzzles.
I've spent the past 8 years or so doing mine and it's a never-ending task, soemetimes a labour of love. Definitely it does help to take a break and keep coming back to it.

When you're really stuck there are always people who are willing to help for nowt if you visit the right sites. While it would be nice to discover everything for yourself it's often impossible to get past a brick wall without a second set of eyes or someone with access to local sources you wouldn't otherwise be able to find elsewhere. (I have access to a few particularly Northern Ireland, Lancashire and some army&navy sources so always happy to help anyone if needed)

Also: Newspaper archives. Use them if you have access. You might be surprised what you find.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote