Thread: Football Season 2011/12
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2011, 19:53   #4
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Football Season 2011/12

Modric is Spurs' best player by far, that was overlooked in the hype around Bale who, while a decent player, was very overrated on the back of a few good performances. I think it would be a massive loss for Spurs but also United who would be an ideal player for them, I can't think of a better (realistic) buy for United right now than Modric.

£22 million low but I don't think he is worth more than £30 million and that's pushing it. He will leave in all likelihood because he wants Champions League football and Daniel Levy, Spurs' chairman, is nothing if not pragmatic. He will accept a decent offer for Modric. No player is invaluable.

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

In other news the 2013 Champions League Final will be held at Wembley for the second time in three years:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13783154.stm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
Wembley Stadium will host the 2013 Champions League final, Uefa announced on Thursday.

The match has been awarded to London's showpiece stadium, which hosted this year's final, to mark the Football Association's 150th anniversary.

"This may seem exceptional but I think it was important for us to respect this anniversary of our game," said Uefa president Michel Platini.

Wembley's staging of this year's final was regarded as a resounding success.
Which means it will host the Champions League Final only 2 years after hosting the previous one. Next year the final will be held at Bayern Munich's Allianz Arena before coming back to Wembley the year after.

Cool.