View Single Post
Old 21-11-2017, 19:09   #84
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Where are we all going to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
{B]I actually don't mind machines, in fact I own quite a few . . car, washing machine, vacuum, lawnmower etc . .

However the idea of machinery replacing people to generate profit for better machinery to replace more people does seem to be a tad concerning when you look at the long term.
[/B]

I have this vision of humans eventually doing 4 hour shifts, running in large hamster wheels simply to generate the power needed to keep the machines operating
Yes don't we all but to anyone with a brain cell or three that prospect ought to be of concern, especially those who spend their lives telling us that life outside the EU will result in financial ruin, the collapse of the NHS and mass unemployment in the UK. Maybe they're just paranoid though eh?...

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We went into a Tesco supermarket about 4 years ago and thus had quite a lot in our trolley and once finished we went to the normal checkout and a lady came to us and said you will have to use one of the automated checkouts and our reply was a curt no thank you as we want to be served by a human operated checkout and sadly she still did not budge thus a rather blunt polite reply to her was well if you don't serve us we will leave our trolley here and go elsewhere and seconds later came her reply back that she was going to get someone quickly to serve us.

Whenever they suggest we use the automatic tills I tell them I prefer chatting to a human being. It's very sad that they have to push people to use the machines that will eventually replace many of them and I do think a compromise can be reached by which jobs can be preserved without turning our backs on technology. There'll need to be the political will to do it though and if there isn't the future doesn't look great for a whole lot of us.

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i would rather stand in a queue for 20 mins to get served by a human

---------- Post added at 10:27 ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 ----------

about the NHS
EU migrants and fax rolls are in short supply you know. The NHS is dependent on both...

Last edited by Osem; 21-11-2017 at 18:59.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote