View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 21:10   #76
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Where are we all going to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
But the world is better than it was however many years ago that was . Over the last 20-30 years people can travel further for cheaper, they can communicate which distant people easier and cheaper almost instantly wherever they are, we carry devices around that allow us to do that or find out almost any information we want at a moment's notice and fewer people are dying of starvation, war, poverty or disease.

Would you have been able to believe some of the oppertunities and technologies that exist today when you where whatever age I am?
No when I was much younger the were those who were telling us that the retirement age would come steadily down and we'd all be worrying more about what to do in the increasing years of retirement but none of the opportunities and technologies you refer to are likely to involve providing more work for humans than the companies responsible for them can get away with. In fact the driver for these things is all too often to shed people. In the west at least, humans are expensive to employ and need all sorts of benefits, protections etc. that machines don't. I'd hazard a guess that I'm at least twice your age but that's only a guess.

Unless our employers are going to hire people so they can pay them wages in order to buy their products and services, I don't see where the jobs you allude to are going to come from, I really don't.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote