View Single Post
Old 27-10-2017, 13:30   #3786
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
This judgement appears to clarify that streaming premium content through subscribed IPTV services or any other means that avoids paying the correct subscription to Sky is unlawful.

So the authorities are not just prosecuting suppliers of fully loaded Kodi boxes and those who share pirated material, they are also going after individual viewers now.

Huge implications for those who are receiving premium material in this way - and the fine if you're caught is eye watering. It's only a matter of time now before Sky's legal team get a legal authorisation from IPTV providers to find out who subscribes to their services to access illegally acquired content. Frankly, I'd be pretty worried at this point if I was taking advantage of this situation. They will be able to go back six years to bring forward a court case against you.

I did warn previously about the dangers of watching premium content in this way and received a firm rebuke from some that it was not illegal. I am not happy that I was proved right on this occasion, because this will prove to have been a very costly mistake for those who believed comments made that people who did this were doing nothing wrong.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a8020856.html
I'm not worried in the slightest as i use a vpn.
Also the one in this case was streaming it not viewing it and as a civil matter he can say "no thanks" to legal costs and the worst case is bailiffs who can be told to do one if it's a residential property and they don't get in.